Integrative Medicine in Phoenix, AZ
The friendly staff at Trinity Integrated Medicine welcomes your call and looks forward to serving you. If you have any questions about our internal medicine or psychiatry services, please call our office at (623) 873-0112. To schedule an appointment, you can call us or use our secure online appointment request form.
Location & Phone
Phone: (623) 873-0112
Fax: (623) 873-1370
9150 W. Indian School Road, Suite 131
Phoenix, AZ 85037
Our regular office hours are:
- Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
- Closed for lunch every day from 12 – 1pm
In the event of a life-threatening medical emergency, call emergency medical services at 911 immediately. DO NOT WAIT! Inform the emergency room staff that you are a patient of Trinity Integrated Medicine and they will contact us.
If you have an urgent medical need and need to talk to our doctors after our regular hours, please call our office at (623) 873-0112. We have a 24/7 answering service and your call will be returned promptly.
At Trinity Integrated Medicine, we accept Medicare, Medicaid, and most major insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company or you may call our office at (623) 873-0112 to find out if we accept your plan.
If your insurance plan requires you to pay a co-payment, co-insurance, and/or a deductible, you will need to pay at the time of your visit. For your convenience we accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and CareCredit.
Insurance plans we currently accept include:
- AARP (Medicare HMO & Supplement Policy)
- Administrative Enterprises
- AETNA (Medicare HMO & Commercial)
- AmeriBen (commercial)
- American Benefit Plan
- American Republic
- Arizona Benefit Options
- AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System) Plans:
- Care First
- Health Choice
- Health Net
- Mercy Care
- Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care
- United Healthcare
- Bankers Life & Casualty
- Bashas Benefit Trust
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (Commercial Arizona & Out-of-Area)
- Cigna (Medicare HMO & Commercial)
- Cigna Health Spring
- Cigna Medicare HMO
- Cinergy Health
- First Health
- Great West Healthcare
- Health Net (Medicare HMO & Commercial)
- Humana (Medicare HMO & Commercial)
- Key Benefit Administrators
- LifePrint Medicare
- Medical Mutual
- Medicare Noridian
- Mercy Care Advantage
- Mutual of Omaha
- MVP Healthcare
- Phoenix Choice (HMO & Marketplace)
- Physician Plus Insurance
- Preferred Care
- Secure Horizons
- Southwest Administrators
- Tricare for Life
- United Healthcare (Commercial Only)
- University Physicians Healthcare
If you have a question related to your bill or insurance, please contact our billing specialists at (623) 873-0112.
If Dr. Rodd Aking suggests a specialist evaluation or diagnostic testing that requires a referral, we will make every effort to provide this for you as soon as possible.
Some referrals require insurance preauthorization and cannot be processed immediately. Insurance guidelines prohibit us from backdating referrals. We require three business days for the processing of routine referrals.
Prescriptions and refills for established patients of Trinity Integrated Medicine are routinely issued during our regular office hours (see above).
If you need a refill, please call your pharmacy and request a refill at least 5 days before your medication runs out. The pharmacy will fax us a refill request and we will handle it accordingly.
No refills are issued during the evenings, weekends, or holidays, as the doctors do not have access to your medical records during those times. It is helpful to anticipate your refill needs to avoid an interruption in your medication therapy
The following are the current office policies of Trinity Integrated Medicine:
- Appointments can be booked in person, over the phone by calling (623) 873-0112, and appointments can be requested online.
- When booking your appointment, please let us know the reason you wish to see the doctor. This will help us prepare for your visit and provide adequate and reasonable time for you with the doctor. If a complete physical or certain tests are needed, please let us know as these services may require a longer appointment time.
- If you are not able to make your appointment, please give the staff 24 hours' cancellation notice. The clinic will charge for all missed appointments. This charge must be paid prior to seeing another doctor at our clinic. If you have more than two consecutive no-show appointments, reschedules, or cancellations, you run the risk of your services being discontinued at Trinity Integrated Medicine.
- Walk-in patients are accepted.
Test or Lab Results
- We expect patients to come back to our office for test results. The doctor will let you know when to come back when you see him/her at the end of your current visit.
- The clinic may call and inform you when lab results are ready. If you have not heard back, please give the clinic a call at (623) 873-0112.
- Test results are not provided over the phone for privacy reasons. Before leaving the clinic, please inquire how long it will take for the results to come in.
Prescriptions and Refills
- Please call your pharmacy and request a refill at least 5 days before your medication runs out. The pharmacy will fax us a refill request and we will handle it accordingly.
- If our clinic makes a referral for you to see a specialist, you will be contacted by the specialist’s office or our office will contact you within three business days. If you have more questions on your referral, please inquire from our staff before leaving at the end of your current visit or call us immediately after your visit. It is our goal to request an appointment for you within three business days of your visit to our clinic; however, depending on wait lists at the specialist's office, you may not be contacted right away.
- Depending on your insurance plan's preauthorization requirements, referrals can take up to 2 weeks to be processed. Your first appointment will be a consultation and the specialist will work with you on the best course of treatment. If the facility has not called you after 2 weeks, please contact our office at (623) 873-0112.
Forms and Medical Records
- Standard forms are available at the clinic's front desk and on the Patient Forms page on the Trinity Integrated Medicine website.
- Other forms (FMLA, medical records requests) are expected to be provided by requesting party. Psychiatric providers will not be able to complete these forms until patients are fully established with the provider for at least two years.
- There is a $40 fee for medical records. This fee is waived if records are requested by another physician who is providing continuing care. Please have the provider fax a signed medical release form requesting your records to us at (623) 873-1370.
- Records requests can take 1-2 weeks to be processed.
Returned Check Policy
- The service charge for checks returned for insufficient funds is $25 per check, regardless of the amount of the check. Please be advised that repeated instances of returned checks can result in your account being changed to CASH ONLY.
- All co-pays are due at the time of check-in. Some AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System) plans have implemented mandatory and nonmandatory co-pays. Please check with your insurance provider, or Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES), to determine if you will have a co-pay.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to provide us with up-to-date phone numbers, home addresses, emails, and emergency contact information. Updates can be done via the online patient portal on the Trinity Integrated Medicine website or by calling us with the information at (623) 873-0112.
- Please inform the receptionist upon arrival at the clinic if your contact information has changed.
- For your safety, proper use, and to minimize the risks of overuse and adverse side effects, the clinic follows special prescribing rules for narcotic medications.
- It is the clinic’s policy not to prescribe controlled substances to patients who are not known to our clinic.
- Refills are not provided at times earlier than those decided upon at the last visit.
- We ask that patients receiving these medications receive their prescriptions from one particular doctor and fill those prescriptions at one particular pharmacy. Irregularities may result in the end of your prescription.
- We have staff who are specially chosen and trained to help patients.
- Our clinic staff provides bilingual (English and Spanish) service.
- Just as we make every effort that your visit is as pleasant and comfortable as possible, we ask that you are respectful of our staff.
- Abuse of any kind is not tolerated and may lead to dismissal from the practice.
- Please contact our managers in writing if you have any problems associated with your visit.